Monday, June 16, 2014

Whole30: Day 7

 
 
Day 7 dawned bright and early with a run and quick weights workout. It is always lovely running around our quiet town in the mornings. The mountains were hidden by fog but still beautiful. I followed up my workout by making breakfast for the family. Father's Day! Bacon, sausage, kale scrambled eggs and Blueberry Waffles from Against All Grain. I didn't eat the waffles. Sad face. Or the sausage. Double sad face.
 
 
My mood was a bit better and my energy had improved. I got a bunch done and wasn't really hungry come lunchtime. But I heated up two Applegate Wieners and had some sauerkraut and mustard on the side. Dinner was super good! Grilled split chicken breasts stuffed with pesto sauce made fresh from my garden, minus the parmesan. A big salad to go along with it and I was stuffed myself.


I had the opportunity and a the temptation to drink last night. It was one of those situations where we had some really good friends over accompanied by new friends. I'm always a bit awkward and anxious in the presence of new people and alcohol is my go to solution for that. Instead I drank kombucha and coconut water. I was really happy this morning when I woke up with a clear head and no empty calories in my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment