Thursday, June 12, 2014

Whole30: Day 3

Travel day!

How do you Whole30 on the go?

Easy. You eat a big breakfast of bacon and salad eggs and you pack a cooler.

My lunch:

 
 
Ham slices wrapped around avocado and sprouts, bell pepper strips, hard-boiled egg, and almonds. Coconut milk in the jar. I know myself well enough to know I will be jonesing for some coffee so I brought my own addition. 


The kids lunch. Udi's GF bagel sandwiches, nuts, hard-boiled eggs (none of us will eat a hard yolk unless its in egg salad), red pepper strips, GF fig bars, and Clif Bars. My kids aren't strictly GF but for the most part they don't ingest a lot of it.

I had hoped to have dinner at Greenhouse Grille in Fayetteville. They have an amazing organic menu and I knew I could tweak something to fit my needs. Their parking lot was packed! And at 7pm with a 3 hour drive ahead of us I knew we couldn't wait. We ended up at Café Rue Orleans. I really wanted boiled shrimp. Which they were out of. I settled for a filet and sautéed veggies instead. It was really good so I didn't complain too much about the lack of crustaceans.

No snacking on this day or the evening before. I'm still fighting the occasional headache and bloat. But mentally I'm feeling strong. Bring on Day 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment